- Board Games-Monopoly, Backgammon, Chess, Scrabble (Bill’s favorite), many others
- Billiards (…on a 1920s era 9′ Brunswick/Balke/Callendar slate table)
- Absorbed in a book with a selection from our Library
- Bird Watching; lots of varieties depending the season!
- In-Home Theater Movies (Some favorites and some greats you’ve never heard of!)
- Ping Pong; for the fast movers
- Free WiFi. Did you bring your laptop or iPad? (Checking e-mail discouraged 😞)
The Great Outdoors
- Hot Tub
- Kayaking Au-Natural (See note at Bottom)
- Bocce Ball
- Walking / Hiking
- Outdoor Shower (Seasonal)
- Bird Watching
After doing any needed practice kayaking in the Nuance pond, we can take you and kayaks (yours or ours) for a small fee to nearby Waubascon Lake. There you can proceed either upstream (2+ hours or more) or downstream (2+hours or more) through Waubascon Creek. This stream is loaded with migratory water birds (wood ducks, blue herons, and sandhill cranes among others). Lots of native flora as well and turtles, frogs and amphibians throughout this natural This narrow but plenty large enough for a kayak stream runs through wetlands and swamp behind Nuance and continues through remote areas.
While not officially approved for nude kayaking the discreet paddler can be nude most of the time while kayaking these remote and resident free waterways! When you return we’ll meet you and bring you back to Nuance where you can share your pictures and stories.